TWO outbuildings were both ‘fully destroyed’ by a fire in Widnes last night.

Firefighters attended the incident on Harris Street at around 3.10pm yesterday, Tuesday.

On arrival, crews discovered that a fire in an outbuilding spread to a neighbouring outbuilding.

Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters tackled the flames using hose reel jets.

They then made the structure safe and dampened the area down.

Both outbuildings were ‘fully destroyed’ by the blaze.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical fault in a tumble dryer.

Two fire engines attended the scene.