TWO fire crews were called to a bathroom fire this morning caused by a small unattended candle.

Shortly before 2am firefighters were called to reports of a fire at a house on Caster Avenue, Runcorn.

On arrival at the scene the crews found that there had been a fire in a bathroom caused by a small candle which had been left unattended.

The occupants of the address had extinguished the fire prior to the arrival of firefighters.

The crews cut way the bath panel and used a thermal imaging camera to ensure that the fire had not spread.

There were no reports of any injuries and the crews were detained at the scene for around one hour.