CREWS put out a fire which had started in the bathroom of a first floor flat last night.

Two fire engines were called shortly after 10.30pm on Friday to a flat on Victoria Road, Widnes.

The engines attended from Widnes and Penketh to reports of a fire in a first floor flat.

On arrival two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and found a small fire in the bathroom.

The crews extinguished the fire and ventilated the room. They also isolated the gas and electricity supplies.

There were no reports of any injuries and crews were detained at the scene for around 90 minutes.