A WIDNES teenager whose life was saved by his online gaming friend in America has finally met her in person.

17-year-old Aiden Jackson suffered a seizure in his bedroom and after hearing him choking in her headset, gamer Dia Lathora contacted emergency services from across the Atlantic.

Parents Caroline and Steve were watching TV downstairs as the drama unfolded on January 2, unaware that anything was wrong, until two police cars with flashing lights arrived outside.

Now, Aiden has met Dia, 21, in person after appearing on the Tamron Hall Show, an American talk show, this week.

The pair met with a hug and tears and held hands throughout the interview with Aiden calling Dia 'a friend for life'.

Cheshire Police have posted a link to the full interview on Facebook.

Recalling the terrifying ordeal Dia said: "I had just gotten home from running errands, just got back upstairs.

"I just put on my headset back on and I heard him choking and what I can only describe as a seizure, so obviously I started get worried and immediately started asking what was going on and if he was okay.

"When he didn't respond I instantly started to look up the emergency number for EU, found out I can't call the emergency from the US so I started to hunt down the non emergency for his area.

"Googled how to make calls over sea and dialled up the number.

"At first I believed I couldn't talk to a real person on that number so I started looking at articles about him to try and find his mum's number.

"When that didn't work I just had to hope the non emergency would work.

"It had an option for talking to a real person after going through a few of the other options and I can't tell you how quickly I clicked that button.

"Someone answered the call and I had to force myself not to panic and to stay calm, it takes longer to get help if they can’t understand me.

"I told him that I wasn't from the EU and I was trying to get help for my friend who had just had a seizure, that I have his name and address.

"They transferred me to the emergency line and I told the operator the information.

"They told me they were going to send an ambulance, right after I hung up I heard him finally responding.

"His mum had come to check on him and he had no idea he had just had a seizure, he doesn't even recall having that conversation with me or his mum.

"I was almost sobbing when I told him that I had to call the ambulance to come get him because I was scared that he was hurt.

"He didn't seem to understand and just responded with a simple, "okay".

"The most surreal thing was hearing his mum come upstairs with the medical team, hearing them talk to him, asking if he’s doing okay, saying that I had just called them saying he had a seizure.

"I was really scared and worried but I'm glad I stayed level headed enough to call the emergency and get him checked out.

"It's better safe than sorry."