AN electric scooter set on fire in a Widnes home last night, Monday.

Firefighters from Widnes and Penketh were called to Masefield Avenue at 8.20pm where they found a small fire in a dining room involving a two-wheeled motorised personal vehicle.

The property was evacuated and the gas and electricity supplies to it were isolated.

Firefighters extinguished the fire with water and used a large fan to clear smoke from the property.

The occupiers were all accounted for and did not suffer any injuries.