A MAN was taken to hospital after a cooker fire yesterday afternoon, Saturday.

Two fire engines were sent to Runcorn Road in Runcorn at around 3.10pm to put out a blaze which is thought to have been caused by magazines left on a cooker.

A large fan was used to disperse the smoke.

A man was taken to hospital as a precaution.

Around an hour earlier on the same road, two fire engines were called to a living room fire.

Firefighters arrived at around 2.05pm and extinguished the flames which were believed to have involved paper and carpet.

A large fan was then used to clear the smoke from the property.

In another incident, two fire engines were sent to Bancroft Road in Widnes at around 4.45pm to put out a wheelie bin blaze inside a garage.

One hose reel was used to put out the fire and make the area safe.

Crews remained at the scene for forty minutes. 

For advice on keeping your wheelie bin safe click here.