A PERSON has suffered smoke inhalation in Widnes after a kitchen fire.

Shortly before 11.50am this morning, Monday, fire crews from Widnes and Runcorn attended a fire at a house in Hanley Road.

Firefighters, wearing two breathing apparatus, used one hose reel to extinguish the fire involving cereal boxes next to the cooker.

Once the fire was out, a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke.

An occupier inside the property was checked over by paramedics after suffering from slight smoke inhalation.