TWO fire engines were called to tackle a blaze in a tumbledryer.

Crews were called to Foster Street in Widnes at 4.45pm today, Monday, due to a fire at the house.

The occupants had left by the time firefighters from Widnes and Penketh arrived.

Light smoke logging was found and firefighters isolated the electricity supply to the appliance, ventilated the property and used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots to make sure that the affected area was safe.

Firefighters were in attendance for more than half an hour.