A FIRE broke out at a flat in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Firefighters were called to Albert Road in Widnes at around 12.40am where a grill pan was alight.

Two crews worse breathing apparatus and used a hose reel jet to put it out.

A large high pressure fan was then used to clear smoke from the property.

No-one was hurt in the incident and firefighters were in attendance for around 40 minutes.

For safety precautions search for "grill plan fire safety advice" on the Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service website.