Despite many games being called off Bridge Timber managed to play their Cheshire cup round 3 game against Ellesmere ports Bull Groves. Bridge started well and had the majority of the play in the first half With Jamie Cumpper going close in the 15th minute with a long range effort and Karl Jenkins went on a rampaging run in the 27th minute, swinging in the ball and bringing a good save from the bull keeper, Jordan Neary was quick to react and brought another save before the ball was scrambled away to safety. Emergency goalkeeper Chris Ellams saved easily in the 36th minute to keep the score 0-0 at the break. Bull Groves came out with more urgency in the 2nd half and put Bridge under pressure and the game swung from end to end with Lewis Watson supplying a good through ball for Ray Mcdonald to get a shot away which unfortunately never tested the keeper . Bull then went up the other end and scored after a long range shot was scrambled home from close range to give the visitors a 1-0 lead. Bridge then saw a great Lee Parry run form just inside his own half, leaving 3 opponents i his wake before seeing his shot blocked on the edge of the box, Parry again had a great run in the 72nd minute again to see his shot closed down and Lewis Watson again put in a good cross for Mcdonald to flick the ball goal wards which was ushered wide by the keeper. Bridge put Bull under pressure with lots of possession and duly got the equaliser they deserved when Ricky Thompson's 25 yard free kick flew in just under the bar to make it 1-1 in the 85th minute. Chris Ellams claimed the ball well in the last minute from a BUll Groves corner and the game went to extra time. Lewis Watson had a good volley which just flew past the post and Ricky Thompson also brought a good save out of the Groves keeper before they hit Bridge on the break and went ahead with a great strike in the 98th minute to make it 2-1. With the heavy pitch no taking its toll on both teams, the game was swinging form end to end, Lee Evans, Robbie Davis, Karl Jenkins and Peter Murphy tirelessly thwarting Bull Groves attacks with Davis going up front to add extra fire power as they tried to get the equaliser, Lee Parry again came close with a good shot but Groves held on to go through to round 4 where they meet holders Queens Park. Lee Parry was Bridge Timbers man of the match.