Briton named as Thai blaze victim

Michael Pio Tzouvanni, 24, died from smoke inhalation in a Thailand nightclub blaze, Thai police said

Michael Pio Tzouvanni, 24, died from smoke inhalation in a Thailand nightclub blaze, Thai police said

First published in National News © by

A British man was among four people killed in a fire at a nightclub on the popular resort island of Phuket, Thai police have confirmed.

The body of 24-year-old Michael Pio Tzouvanni was identified by forensic experts at Bangkok's police hospital using dental records.

Police Lieutenant General Jarumporn Suramanee said Mr Tzouvanni died from smoke inhalation in the blaze at the Tiger Discotheque on Patong beach last Friday.

He said Mr Tzouvanni's brother confirmed his identity from his belongings.

Mr Jarumporn said police were still waiting for DNA test results to help identify the other three victims, who are believed to be two Thai women and a French man.

At least 11 people were also injured in the fire.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree