Firefighters warn of dangers of grill pans after Runcorn kitchen blaze

Residents warned to think of fire safety in the kitchen

Residents warned to think of fire safety in the kitchen

First published in News
Last updated
Runcorn and Widnes World: Photograph of the Author by , Chief Reporter

A GRILL pan caught fire at a house in Maple Avenue, Runcorn.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said:”Smoke was issuing from the kitchen of a mid-terraced house.

“Firefighters, two wearing breathing apparatus, entered the property whilst a covering jet was trained on the house.

"They found a fire involving a grill pan which they removed to the garden and used a high pressure fan to clear smoke."

The blaze broke out at 11.26am on Tuesday, April 29.

Halton householders are warned to be extra careful when using grills.

A fire service spokesman added: “Most fires start in the kitchen and a major cause of these fires is a build up of fat and oil in grill pans.

“The fat and oil can easily ignite when heated, so please clean your grill pan regularly.”

There have been 861 cooking related house fires in Cheshire in the past four years.

For more advice visit cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-fire-safety-advice/grills#.U2IFvoFdXSk.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree