Two men given oxygen after chip pan blaze in Runcorn

Firefighters tackle chip pan blaze in Runcorn

Firefighters tackle chip pan blaze in Runcorn

First published in News

A CHIP pan blaze broke out at a flat in Runcorn in the early hours of this morning.

Two male casualties were given oxygen by firefighters after a cooker filled a ground floor flat with smoke.

A crew from Runcorn and one from Widnes tackled the fire in Lockfield, Weston Point at 1.31am.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said:”Smoke was caused by an unattended pan on a cooker.”

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames.

Crews used a high pressure fan to clear the smoke.

A spokesman for North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust said: “An ambulance was called at 1.44 but we didn’t take anyone to hospital.”

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:23pm Wed 16 Apr 14

dong ding says...

Hmmmm I wonder why only one fire engine was sent from runcorn and a second had to be sent from widnes............?
Hmmmm I wonder why only one fire engine was sent from runcorn and a second had to be sent from widnes............? dong ding
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree