Firefighters tackle a kitchen fire at a Runcorn building society

Firefighters tackled a kitchen fire in Runcorn

Firefighters tackled a kitchen fire in Runcorn

First published in News
Last updated
Runcorn and Widnes World: Photograph of the Author by , Chief Reporter

A FIRE broke out in the kitchen of a Runcorn building society.

Staff were evacuated from the premises in High Street in the old town.

The electricity supply was isolated and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze in a first floor kitchen.

The incident happened shortly before 9am yesterday.

Crews used a high pressure van to clear smoke from the building.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree