Woman rescued by firefighters

First published in News Runcorn and Widnes World: Photograph of the Author by , Chief Reporter

A WOMAN was rescued after a fire broke out outside her home in Palacefields, Runcorn in the early hours of this morning.

She was carried down a seven metre ladder from her first floor flat by firefighters, and taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

A store cupboard on the ground floor had been set on fire.

Three appliances dealt with the incident shortly after 1.30am.

A large industrial fan was used to disperse smoke.

Smoke alarms had activated to alert residents of the fire.

Anyone with information should call Cheshire Police on 101.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree